Monday, September 10, 2007

Choklad

So today was good, depending on how tomorrow turns out. Isabelle and I went to the Apartment People and looked at five apartments, and loved the second to last one, so the paper work is processing and hopefully we'll find out tomorrow. Afterwards we went to Julius Meinl for eats. That place is so cute, and got such a nice menu. I wish I'd had my camera with me because the place was just adorable and made Isabelle and I feel fancy, especially compared to how we felt after dashing through the rain after the meal.

Isabelle got a roasted chicken sandwich with a cherry jam I believe and some type of cheese and a bowl of French onion soup and a glass of hot chocolate with whipped cream. I ordered a prosciutto panini with arugula pesto, fresh arugula and fresh mozzarella with a cherry lemonade. So first they bring out the drinks on silver trays. Each drink gets it's own silver tray and is accompanied by a long silver spoon and a small glass of water. The cherry lemonade was delicious and Isabelle's hot chocolate, which came in glass, was so pretty and so tasty. Then the food came and although the size of the sandwiches were smaller than what I'm used to I was not disappointed. It was so good, oh so good, and Isabelle's soup and sandwich were good as well, I just tried the broth but it wasn't bad.

Afterwards we found it to be raining outside and ran as far as our bodies could carry us before resigning to walking the rest of the way to the car. From there we took a little trip to Schaumburg to see Isabelle's dad and pick up some papers she needed from him. I'm happy I finally got to meet this man, he's hilarious in his own sort of way. Him and his wife were putting up drapes when we arrived and it was fun to watch two such petite people doing this together.

Anyhoo from there Isabelle dropped me off at improv group rehearsal/meeting at Katy's place. I hadn't realized how long it had been since I'd seen these people but it's been awhile. Anyways, Katy got us possibly one, two, or three shows at the Gorilla Tango theatre as part of this improv showcase they're doing, so yay, shows. Also I have my first conservatory show at Second City coming this Sunday so yay.

Now, the pictures below. The first are of a small bowl of concord grapes from a gajillion pound bag which Aunt Lydia bestowed upon me. Thank you very much Aunt Lydia, they're delicious. They've got this wonderful way of starting out naturally sweeter than any candy could hope to be and then going distinctly tart a microsecond later. Makes me drool. After that is my European fest, chocolate bar from Sweden and Daim and Volvic water, mmm Eurolicious. Enjoy, and envy me.





4 comments:

Allison said...

Eurofreak. Get it? You're a freak. Ha!

theonemom said...

arugula? basil? tomato? What wonderful spirit has taken over my child's body? And the description of the grapes made my mouth water too. double thanks to Aunt Lydia--she's doing my job! Maybe I'll go have some lunch now. Great news about the show and can't wait to see pics of the new place!!!!

theonemom said...

Okay, well I guess i read vegies into that that weren't there. My mind sees pesto and thinks basil. it sees cherry and thinks tomato!

Suzy said...

Where. Have. You. Been.

Seriously, I missed you all week and haven't been able to get a hold of you.

Let me know if you need help packing/moving/etc.

I'm going back to Wisconsin for my brother's wedding but will be back by Monday.