Wednesday, September 5, 2007

What aGout Dad?

Poor Papa, you don't deserve to be feeling all gouty. I wish you were well enough to come down I was really looking forward to seeing you. But rest up and feel better. Watch lots of boring TV like you do and read some Wall Street Journal and fall asleep on the couch while pretending to watch TV and/or read your magazines.

In other news, the other morning Jon and I played Transformers RISK, which some good confusing fun. I've never played Risk before and so just sort of learned the rules as we played. I was Megatron and he was Optimus Prime. The last couple days of Ian's being here was lots of fun and bittersweet, it's such a nice group of people that Isabelle and I have met through him. But as fun as it's been it'll be nice to calm down for a bit as the need to squeeze in every night of hanging out and drinking will no longer be required and kids are starting school. Now I'll have some time to get some cleaning done and catch up on sleep as there has been very little of that over these past couple weeks.

Right now I'm waiting for my hair to dry and waiting till it's time to drive up to Park Ridge to meet up with my beloved family. I feel absolutely drained right now. I didn't get much sleep and just spent most of the night running events through my head trying to work through them. Then at around 7am this awful beeping noise was blasting through the air. I was hoping it was some sort of alarm clock within in the apartment so I could smash the thing. Alas it appears it was some sort of truck hanging out the alley for about 30 minutes. Ughhhhhh, couldn't even myself think.

On top of all that I've got a nice little cough going for me right now. Also, I've noticed lately I've been misspelling a lot of words. And when I see it and go to correct it I know what I'm trying to spell but my brain keeps putting on computer or paper differently several times.

I'm watching Cash in the Attic right now, moving around a half eaten pop-tart on a plate seeing if it appeals to me in different locations and positions. I wish Allison was here to watch the exciting bidding and disappointment of the undersell. I'm super anxious to get on the road and am getting bored waiting around trying to find things to occupy my time because nothing seems to amuse me much right now.

Thanks to Liz and Kit for the wonderful guest blog they did, you guys are welcome to do so again whenever ye please.

Peace Gout

2 comments:

Allison said...

Awww, I wish I was there too. And yay for the cleaning. I fully encourage it (clever pun, by the way)

theonemom said...

seriously, cleaning?