Saturday, July 14, 2007

I am more me

So wow, I did three shows this week. Accomplished would be the word to describe how I feel, and tired. Wednesday night's improv show went really well, our coach said it was our most playful and fun show yet, so yay! And then I returned home and slept. Oh, also that day I helped out for Sin and Tonic by putting together the music cues and sound effects for them, go me. So I woke up before noon on Thursday and thought, hmm I have about 7 hours till I have to be at Ed's for pre-show line through, I'll go see Harry Potter. Oh that was glorious and exactly what I needed to do that day. Nothing like sitting alone in the back of a theater holding your legs as your eyes well up with tears. Yayy so that was happy. Then I came back home took a little cat nap and then had a shower and got all ready for the show and headed over to Ed's where I was promptly handed a beer without even having to ask, hurrah! So two beers later we're all walking to the theater getting pumped and all that. We run the tops and bottoms of scenes and run the song a couple times and before we know it, it was time to open the house. So we started and it all went by so quickly. All of a sudden we were finishing up the song with our fabulous jazz hands. Took our bows and went backstage to grab more beer and come back out to receive compliments. So. Much. Fun. So after the crowds died down and everything was cleaned up we picked up more beer, and on the way Morgan, a friend of Jake's, stopped me and said hey and I was oh cool weird hah well I'm gonna go drink now, so that was nice. And then we headed back to Ed's where for the next five hours we proceeded to get ridiculous and within two I was the only girl at this lovely little gathering. Cut to Friday and I've slept all day, so I get ready for that night's improv show at this place called the Pressure Cafe up way north where Sooze used to live. Ed came with because we thought we were only gonna have four people, so five seemed better. And then Annie and Sarah showed up last minute bringing George and Aaron (from my conservatory class) with them. So that was lots of fun. Then I drove home and did fuck all with the rest of my night. So today I woke up like noonish maybe and I've spent the day trying to figure out what to do tonight, think I might go to a party with Isabel, and listening to Peter, Bjorn and John. Good stuff. I think that's all for now.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you. I can't wait to see both your shows this week.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I can't wait to miss both your shows this week.

Nico woke up at FIVE THIRTY this morning and refused to go back to sleep, putting Mort in a state. Neither of us are ever having children after that sole incident.

Still, they're goddamn adorable.