Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sunday morning

Hm. So Isabel and I met up yesterday after she decided she wasn't gonna go camping this weekend, much to my delight. So we went shopping and she (not me Mom) bought shoes, a purse, a dress, and a shirt. Great success. Then we went back to her place to change and get ready. After which we headed to Quencher's had a couple beers and a shot to get the night going. I really like Quencher's I checked their big board and they have the Lambic beer with all the flavors, mmm, I miss that beer. Anyhoo we get word of a loft party down south so we hit the road jack and didn't come back till the party got broken up by the cops, but not before having fun. So we get there and they inform that for $5 we get to drink freeeeee, so we did that. After making the rounds of the party checking out the art, the performance artists and the guy giving tattoos we plant ourselves in what we find to be the least balmy of the rooms. Gazing through the sea of people I suddenly spot a familiar face, it's Paul! I prance over and announce myself and it took him a second as I was coming over to recognize me what with the change in hair length and color. Twas glorious to see him again. Haven't seen him since Suzy's birthday I think. Crazy. We chit chat and catch up and I show the penis garden art piece. Wish I'd gotten a picture but what it was was on a little tuft of grassy stuff were a couple penises with a big rounded glass casing over it. Brilliant. Arty. Then Paul goes downstairs to meet up with his friends that are on their way. Out Paul goes in come police. It was great, no one was hostile or anything everyone just sort of stood around. Isabel and I drain our drinks and make our exit. We find Paul and he informs us of another party, one that is in Logan Square, hurrah. Oh and Jake has appeared. Luckily it went better than the last time I saw him which was made extremely awkward by circumstances. I really missed hanging out with these boys, I remember nothing but good times. So we head to the party which takes forever to find because apparently you need to circle the area several times to unlock the magic that reveals exactly where Campbell street is and how to enter it. The party was pretty alright, I mainly spent it just talking with Jake and Paul and the nice girl in the wheelchair who lived at the house and who shouldn't have let me drink her vodka. Cause I did. Because that my friends is the story of how I wound up hungover on Jake and Paul's couch this morning, and not smelling so great. Ugh. Anyways, it's over. Then I met up with Isabel to get brunch and had a bellini with my chocolate hazelnut stuffed french toast with creme anglaise. Yum. Then I went to class and worked on creating a character which was...sexy. Came back to meet up with Isabel and go out to Woodfield mall to go shopping with her brother. Those two are so cute and talk in Swedish to each other and it's fun for all. I had a delicious strawberry banana smoothie, which reminds me I need to look up other locations of the smoothie place cause it was soo good. We did power shopping which consisted of Isabel grabbing something asking what her brother though he would say something negative she would turn to me and I would nod my head in approval and she would hand it off to him and say 'and get this'. Or when he'd be paying for clothes she would find another thing she fancied and toss to him 'buy this one too!'. I have lots of fun clothes to borrow. Yay Isabel for being a good friend and understanding the need for one such as me to borrow all of her clothing. Anyways I was supposed to go meet up with Suzy and Paul and watch Paul do stand up at this open mic thing but I couldn't get ahold of Paul to find out exactly where it was and then Suzy just called and told me it wasn't worth it, Paul probably wasn't gonna go up, and that she wanted to go home. So I'm here. Blogging. Sexy, no?

3 comments:

Allison said...

No. Blogging is not sexy.


It's SUPER SEXY! YEAH!!!

Suzy said...

So I left about five minutes after I spoke to you as a raging headache set in when I re-entered the body-odor-filled hipster bar. It was a really cool place, though, A BAR THAT I WOULD LIKE TO RETURN TO. Unbelievable, huh?

If the weather is nice and not insanely hot I will take the kids to the zoo this week. Pleaseohplease come with.

Anonymous said...

If it cost $5 it's not free. But way to go with the shopping and not buying. And your car?