Monday, October 15, 2007

Fallin'

Whew. Fall fest is best with a Backman. I don't know that I have the strength to write about everything, and really it would be kinda boring if I did write about everything because it would just be and then I drank some more beer.

So I woke up Friday morning and drove Jake downtown to work since he was gonna be late and he had a meeting to get to. After that I headed home and packed a bag and Simon and I roused Isabel and left. Isabel slept in the car, and Simon and I had fun talking stupid the entire way up. When we got up there Frank was there, aw, and of course Liz and Kit, it would've been weird if Frank was there but no one else. We played with Frank for awhile and we watched Jurassic Park, and then we were off to the bars. We went the Sister Bay Bowl and spent a good hour or so or more (who knows) there and then crossed the cold street to Husby's where Margaret knocked over many drinks (two), so because I was already very very drunk we went home and made bagels, I had a bagel with cream cheese, cherry jam, and bacon, it was so good. Then I had slept some good sleeps. Simon and I woke up at 9:30 and went to Al Johnson's for breakfast. Simon got Swedish pancakes with strawberries and I got a Monte Cristo with fried potatoes. Then Simon and I watched the parade and there was a sign welcoming Diane Keaton to Door County, though we never saw her. Sad. We then met up with Liz, Kit and Isabel and started drinking and eating. I'll just say I drank about 3 yards of beer in under 3 hours. The most amusing part was me spilling on myself and walking up to the pumpkin pie in a cup table and being told they were out and would be back in 15 minutes so I drunkenly slurred back 'Cool...then I will be back in 15 minutes'.

Simon, Isabel, and I then walked home and ate and I took a five minute nap. Then later Simon, Liz, Kit and I went out to the Bowl again and drank up a little storm. That was fun. Then the next day Simon and I woke up around 9ish again and went to the Sandpiper for breakfast, we both got the Hungry Man breakfast (2 pancakes, 2 eggs, meat, and potatoes) that was deeeelish. We then went and met Liz and Kit downtown and we hung around for the Ping Pong ball drop which was hilarious. Simon and I wrote things like douchebag, pewpies, and drew penises on ping pong balls and threw them into the crowd while the helicopter went over. Then Paul needed help at Moretti's so we all worked for about an hour and were paid in free foodz, mmmm. Then we went home and closed up the cabin and like 6 hours later we were back in the Chicago. Yawn.

Check out the Fall Down Fest picture folder on my Myspace, and the videos on my Myspace. Too much to post on here.

2 comments:

Allison said...

That sounds like so much fun! I wish I was there. Too bad you didn't see Diane Keaton though. That would have been perfect.

theonemom said...

thought you said you weren't gonna talk about all the drinking you did. Reading it made me thirsy. let me see, I think there's a bud in the fridge...