Monday, October 8, 2007

A further explanation

So for brunch I got the grilled cheese omelette. It was a three cheese omelette, fontina, feta and...something else, atop a grilled piece of bread, placed next to a green bean salad and fried potatoes. Mmmmm, it was really good and I actually ate the green beans. Isabelle got the caramel apple french toast with whipped cream and chicken sausage. That was quite delicious Jake and I ended up eating more of it than Isabelle did. It had a hint of lemon and that really made it for me. Jake got a spinach, bacon and cheese omelette and Paul got...oh portabella mushroom and fontina omelette, I stole his mushrooms, they were good. This was in Andersonville and I would definitely go back. They also looked like they had a nice lunch selection and a selection of baked yummies in a bakery display case at the register. Isabelle and I just got back from walking around Wicker Park and getting $2 slices of New York style pizza at Santullo's (happy hour for pizza, that's awesome for me), it was good and greasy. We cleaned up the apartment previous to that, I did dishes and we took out the trash. V. exciting. Anyhoo I'm gonna rest up for tonight, not sure what tonight is but I think I'll need resting for it.

3 comments:

theonemom said...

Well, if I wasn't hungry already I sure am now, thank you very much! You're a hint of lemon! But I want to know what you've been cooking lately on George Foreman. some yummy bacon burgers or a sizzling steak perhaps? Or some crispy fissssssssh, precious?

Anonymous said...

thanks for the food update, i do love hearing about what you eat!

Allison said...

OH MY GOD I'M HUNGRY. I can't wait to come back to Chicago for the winter. Mmmmmmmmmm. Such good food there. All I have is Filiberto's...which is just disgustingly good. I think I'll get some of that tonight.