Sunday, April 15, 2007

Ohm my goodness.

What a wild and crazy weekend. Please note from now on when I say weekend, I am including thursday nights, because they're the new friday. So I picked up Annie from the airport late thursday evening, drove back into town and then headed over to Jake's and we proceeded to go to a bar to do some drinking. So I drank a lot of PBR which seems to be happening a lot lately. I honestly wish I could tell you more but I'm drawing a blank, not because I was soooo wasted man! More so because the whole weekend is blurrish right now. I do recall once we returned from the bar we watched 'The Labyrinth' but I ended up going to bed like a quarter way through and that night getting accidentally elbowed in the face by someone who shall remain anonymous so his reputation is not sullied. Ze next morning/day Jake, Annie, and I went to this lovely little place callled....Ksomething Traveler's Cafe Majig, I was slightly hungover and don't recall much other than the lovely breakfast of steamed eggs till fluffy with cheddar and fresh baguette. Mmmmm. And Annie got a vanilla malt and challah french toast with warm fruit compote, and Jake got something called a Roma sandwich or something of the like. OH MY GOSH!

New paragraph, you guys are such bullies. So Annie and I headed home and showered and then went right out the door again up to the Riviera and met up with her band buddies and went to this sushi place. It was really a fun looking restaurants, huge red booths. Don't gasp just yet, I didn't have any sushi, maybe someday though. So then we went to the theater and went with the band backstage and hung out there met cool people watched the show from the side of the stage yadda yadda yadda. Fun stuff, after Strata, Annie and I went on a mission for drinks (the order of events hereafter are not guaranteed correct, deal) and got some lovely overpriced stuff which took about ten seconds to consume. Big blurrr of hanging out with fun people and la de da can't remember specifics too tired right now. In fact, I think I'll continue this in the morning. But you won't know because I'm just gonna 'Save as draft' and return to it. So uh, goodnight?

And I'm back. Oh not really, I need to walk around. I'll be back again later. God this is taking FOREVER.

Right so I'm back, and determined to finish this. I don't know why this is taking me so long it's not as though I have a gigantic amount more to say. K so hanging out backstage la-dee-da, uh more drinks I believe and I smelled an excess of pot as we roamed through the labyrinth back towards the backstage area. At some point the show was over and beer was handed out so I drank a few, and there was sort of a three person community bottle of vodka and Monster, delish. Annie and I heard that everyone was partying up at the bar so we headed up there but went to one of the upstairs bars where SURPRISE! no one was there but two lonely boxes of beer, so Annie and I took three each treating ourselves to one right away and stowing the other two in our purses. Tooled around the theater a bit and then met up with others and readied for the afterparty deal. While standing outside the van just sort of hanging out it was time to pull out a beer from my purse which was very handy because we didn't leave for like another half hour. At some point I got sort of scraped by the fence and so I have a war wound, it's kick ass and wimpy looking. Then we all piled in the van and had a party in the van. Bohemian Rhapsody and crowd surfing. Great combo. We then headed downtown to where the hotel was at, and it's very exciting going down Lakeshore Drive in a van stuffed with people. So we pile out check out the hotel get in a cab and go to this lameass packed club called Ohm. Ryan, guitarist from the band, and I sat and mocked the people in the club for awhile then everyone regrouped and got Mexican food. Piled into a cab and went back to the hotel and fell asleep.

We woke up, went to like a million different places in search of food and settled on this place called Pizano's. I got a bacon cheeseburger, big surprise. It was really fucking delicious, not sure if it was just cause of how hungry I was or because of it's actual quality but it was highly satisfying. I ate that and made a mess of my face as I told the two guys we were with about my Second City shizz. We returned to the hotel and sat in the lobby for about half an hour which was a welcome change from the cold of the outside. So then there was about 20 minutes of hugging everyone goodbye and during this hugsforall I pouted about how cold it was and so Ryan gave me a hat of his, which I've been wearing a heck of a lot. So thanks Ryan! Even though you will probably never read this. So after the goodbyes Annie and I went to Starbucks where I got a Vanilla Creme with Hazelnut to warm up cause it was soooo effing cold. Then we walked to the red line station and basked in the warmth of underground heat. Train came and we hopped on and got off to find that my car had somehow avoided getting even one ticket. Yay! It's a miracle. By now it was already like 3:30pm and so we headed back to my place where I did not shower but opted for wiping my face with a wet washcloth instead. Put on some clothes and headed over to pre-show rehearsal at Katy's house. It took me about 30 minutes to find parking but we finally did. So we started rehearsal and I had a beer to start off the evening, and then another. Then it was time to go, so because I'd had a couple beers, pay attention Mom! Annie and I went with Sarah and AnnieImprov to the bar. So we got there and I snuck Suzy in saying she was part of the group, and we three girls got Strawberry Mango Bombs, mmm. Then I got a beer, and then another and then it was for us to go on. Show went well I was in the some fun games and had a beer on the side of the stage, and I definitely need to invest in some fake glasses. After that, had another beer, hung around for a bit and then we walked to Clarke's. Once I sobered up we went back to my car and we went home. It was around 1:30ish, and I decided to put on the 'The Excorcist', the version with all the new scary stuff. I slightly napped, talked to Jake for a bit, napped some more until it was 5:30am, and we headed out around 6am to take Annie to the airport, made it to O'hare at 6:16, amazing, didn't speed or anything. Dropped her off and headed back, dropping off Suzy on the way...ish. Came back home went to sleep.

Rest of the day kind of a blur cause I was so very sleepy. Decided not to go up to Nick and Amy's for dinner and napped instead, talked to Jake around 8ish met up with him in Lincoln Park where he was doing bar reviews and grabbed a milkshake at Clarke's. Then we headed back up to his place because I was pretty sure my birth control had fallen out of my purse and into the depths of his couch. So we get there I stick my hand in the couch and bingo! there it is. So that was a weight off my mind. Then Jake, Paul and I watched the second half of Saturday Night Fever and that was great fun. Then went back home and downloaded and watched The Office, Lost, Andy Barker P.I. and The Riches. Oh yeah, had a really low day on sunday as well, everything suddenly dropped. Kind of horrible. But I'm pretty much back, I think. Anyhoo, woke up today noonish hung around, unpacked a bunch of stuff, finally. Then I took a walk down Milwaukee to Division turned right around and came back. Went to this skincare party thingy that Paula was hosting, got a free thing of hand cream, came back here dawdled around for a bit. Talked to Jake a bit, he's got a book of favorite recipes of bands and shit. And now, I'm hungry. My goodness you guys have a lot to read. Should I make some smaller paragraphs for you...guh. Fine. There, I love you guys.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

margaret i love that you write about every single drink that you have.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm drunk just reading about it. But PBR? That stuff is serious bad. At this point I can only say TMI! But I still love you.

Allison said...

oh my, oh my. Sounds like a long Butterfat weekend. The text converter came up with the word "butterfat" when I was scratching out a word, so I decided to keep it.

Anonymous said...

i read the first line of every paragraph and i still think i could spit back to you how you spent your weekend:

you drank, hung out with annie, ate a cheesburger, and borrowed a hat.

right?

Anonymous said...

yeah, i still can't believe i read this entire blog on my phone.

your mom typed "serious bad" but i think she meant serious-ly because it sounds like slang the other way. and i don't know your mom to use slang very much.

i love you!