Monday, April 23, 2007

Strange Brew.

So Suzy has a grapefruit living on her ovary. Class was great yesterday, it was the first time we were up doing actual scenes rather than just practicing improvisation techniques, and I got a thumbs up from Gelman which sent my heart and hopes aflutter. After that Annie and I joined two of the guys in our class for a quick drink at one of the bars across the street. So that was fun then I rushed Annie to work and then drove up to Uncle Nick's where Georgia informed me that 'Mojito night beckons' so I kicked up the speed to 120mph, haha juust kidding, but there were some maniac semi-truck drivers so I was all cautious of them. Once I got there I was greeted with a clean Otto and a strong Mojito. It was gorgeous out and we sat on the deck while they fired up the grill for Cuban pork and halibut. And there was rice with saffron which was delicious. Then we had some strawberries for dessert. A very refreshing evening, and we were joined by their neighbors with their cuteasbuttons blonde children. After that I made my way back home in a very comfortable food coma. Got back, did some dishes and went to see the suffering Sooze. Sat and ate cookies with her a bit and then came back home and watched an episode of 'The Riches' which I had recorded on my DVR. Fell asleep at some point and woke up at some point very comfortable in bed and the way the light comes into my room when I awake is just so nice. So I dragged my sorry ass out of bed and headed up to Suzy's and we went downtown to her doctor's appointment and got some bloodwork done, and the nurse taking her blood was named Margaret, how fun! Then we did some...shopping. I got a very cute dress for Jake's birthday party and I'm so excited to wear it, I also got some fun cheap clip on earrings. I'll be getting drunk in style. We then made our way back here and picked up some hair dye and did my hair, yay. And Jake told me about some of the bad but interesting things that have happened in Chicago, one of which I've always feared. An El train colliding with another, derailing and falling OFF the track onto the street killing many. Yikes. And I've just now returned from ushering Suzy back to her WAYTOOFARNORTH abode. Logan Square Sooze, seriously, it's where it's (me and Des) at. I've got two turntables and a microphone. Hm. Now, hmm now, ah yes I think I'm gonna make Jake some birthday cupcakes tomorrow since I'll be busy Wednesday. Gag when did my life become full of stuff? Anyone? Anyone? Ugh I need to repaint my nails, because they're so damn long things I normally use my fingertips for I know use my nails for. Ah well such is life. Burp.

3 comments:

Allison said...

OH GOD, THAT'S A FREAKY EL TRAIN STORY. I didn't know it was spelled "el train" though. Seems like it's trying to be spanish, like in musical theatre when we sang about "el daily news"

Anonymous said...

its actually elevated train, in case you were interested. it is a very scary story though! I can't wait for our mokito night, its gonna be fun!

Suzy said...

we went...shopping.

haha no one needs to know, kid.

and i like "suffering sooze." i shall run that by my mummy when i need smore pity.

i ruv you.