Thursday, April 19, 2007

Vietnamization.

So, I'm just finishing up 'Platoon', downloading 'Full Metal Jacket', got 'Apocalypse Now: Redux' waiting in the wings, 'The Deer Hunter' fresh in my memory, one might call this some sort of trend. I'm not sure why I enjoy movies about 'Nam so much, just always thought that the Vietnam War was really interesting, and clearly the stuff of great movies. So I'm gonna continue my little Vietnam kick as long as I can, if anyone has any recommendations I would love to hear them. On a lighter note, I'm sad, since pretty much everyone that reads this also talks on the phone with me daily, you probably already know. I hope to be unsad soon, but until then, I'm really fucking depressed and I don't know why. I love you all lots.

2 comments:

Suzy said...

i always try to find humor in feeling sorry for myself. i take my own sadness and completely exhaggerate it until i've become the most pathetic thing ever.

i spend a day drowning in blankets and sweets and vocalize why i'm so depressed and realize that it's kind of funny because i've no real reason to be.

i love you. you'll feel better soon. something tells me the weekend will lift your spirits.

Anonymous said...

Kit recommends Casualties of War. Apparently it's a good/bad sort of movie. I love you and can't wait to see you in a week!!!